What is Wild Iris?
Wild Iris offers free and confidential support for victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, or child abuse and their families.
Callers to our hotline, available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year (including holidays) can expect support, understanding, crisis intervention, and information and referral to programs and agencies. Even if you are outside of our service area, we can refer you to resources in your local area.
Prevention and Intervention Services
Wild Iris offers an array of prevention and intervention services. Our services are provided at no charge and are completely confidential.
- 24-Hour Crisis Line: 1-877-873-7384 – Available 24/7 for times of crisis. Trained peer crisis counselors are available to provide immediate counseling, information and resources.
- Emergency Shelter: Available for individuals who are fleeing unsafe situations.
- Safety Planning: Trained peer counselors are available to assist in safety planning and provide you with valuable information to consider when you are in a dangerous situation, or are planning to leave an abusive relationship.
- Advocacy & Accompaniment: Wild Iris advocates can provide support during your time of crisis. At your request, an advocate can attend court dates, or appropriate appointments such as medical, social services, mental health, etc.
- Crisis Counseling & Support: One-on-one peer counseling is available and is designed to support you while you are working through a crisis or an abusive situation.
- Information & Referrals: Peer counselors can help you locate community programs and resources that may benefit you during your times of need. These may include referrals to medical services, children’s services, long term mental health services, food banks, parenting classes, employment and education, faith based services, legal services, transportation services, recovery services and long term shelter services.
- Emergency Food & Clothing: Emergency food and clothing are available for clients who are in need due to violence and abuse.
- Housing Establishment & Relocation: Wild Iris is often able to assist with providing items needed to establish a new home after fleeing a harmful situation. This help may include temporary assistance with utility services and locating furniture and essential household items. In some instances, Wild Iris may be able to assist with relocating you to another, safer community.
- Transitional Housing Program: Transitional Housing offers a safe and empowering environment for people who have been harmed. This program allows them 24 months to work on a safer and healthier future.
- Restraining Orders: Wild Iris advocates guide and support you through the process of obtaining a restraining order. Wild Iris peer counselors cannot provide legal advice.
Programs and Services
In addition to providing direct client services, Wild Iris offers a range of programs open to the community.
- Parenting and Co- Parenting Classes: Wild Iris offers a FREE 6-week series of parenting and FREE 8-week series of co-parenting classes.
- Supervised Visitation Monitoring: We provide neutral, professional third parties who can enforce effective safety measures during a child visitation with a non-custodial parent.
- Youth Violence Prevention: Wild Iris offers a curriculum to students in the local schools that helps the faculty and staff meet their educational standards in areas of mental, emotional and social health, violence prevention and safety, and sexual health.
- CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate): Our CASA program provide foster youth with professional volunteer advocate in order to objectively gather information and provide a voice for the child in court as well as provide the child with a consistent adult in their life while in foster care.
- Groups: Wild Iris offers A Window Between Worlds and Art For Healing programs. Hands-on workshops offer a safe environment for self-expression and self-exploration while using art as a way to heal from trauma, pain, grief, fear or stress.
- 52- Week Court Ordered Parenting: Wild Iris offers the 52-week Court Ordered Parenting course. Those interested do not need to have a court order to attend classes.
Our service area is all of Inyo and Mono Counties, including Death Valley and Tecopa regions and Coleville/ Walker, north to the Nevada State line. If you have questions about how Wild Iris can help you, please contact us »