Here are some questions to ask yourself about your relationship with your partner.
Does your partner:
- Hit, kick, push or physically hurt you in some way?
- Threaten to hurt you, your children, your pets or family members?
- Keep you from seeing your family and friends, going to school, or doing other activities that are important to you?
- Make you feel isolated or control your means of communication such as your phone and computer?
- Act jealous and question your faithfulness?
- Humiliate or embarrass you in front of family and friends?
- Blame you for things you could not control, get angry and refuse to compromise?
- Stalk or harass you, such as following you or showing up at our home or office uninvited?
- Make you feel afraid to go home?
- Force you to have sex or insist on having unprotected sex?
- Take advantage of you when you are drunk?
- Deny you contraception?
- Take sexual pictures or videos of you without your consent?
- Force you to perform sexual acts on film or in person for money?
- Threaten to break up with you if you refuse sex?
Is abuse always violent?
No! Abuse is about control, and many abusers make a victim financially dependent on them.
- Forbidding the victim to work or attend school.
- Denying access to a vehicle or damaging the vehicle so that the victim cannot get to work.
- Sabotaging educational opportunities by destroying class assignments.
- Withholding money or giving an allowance.
- Denying access to bank accounts.
- Hiding family assets. Running up debt in the victim’s name.
Hope Starts Here!
Let Wild Iris Family Counseling & Crisis Center become your lifeline!
Bishop Office 760.873.6601
Mammoth Lakes 760.934.2491
or 24/7 HOTLINE 1.877.873.7384