Any form of sexual contact without voluntary consent is sexual assault. It’s not OK, and it’s not the victim’s fault—ever.
What is Sexual Assault?
Sexual assault can be verbal, visual or anything that forces a person to join in unwanted sexual contact or attention. A common misconception is that all sexual assaults involve intercourse or violence, but any form of sexual contact without voluntary consent is sexual assault. Consent obtained through pressure, coercion, force or threat of force is not voluntary consent.
Types of Abuse:
Examples of sexual assault include:
- Attempted rape
- Marital rape
- Unwanted sexual touching
- Sexual harassment
- Any sexual contact with minors
- Possession or distribution of child pornography
- Solicitation of minors through the internet
Services Wild Iris provides:
- 24- Hour Crisis Hotline
- Emergency Shelter
- Safety Planning
- Peer Counseling and Support
- Assistance with Restraining Order
- Court and Medical Advocacy and Accompaniment
- Emergency Food and Clothing
- Housing Establishment and Relocation
- Information and Referrals
- Support Groups
If in immediate danger CALL 911
Shelter — Safety — Support
Confidential 24-Hour Toll Free Support Line
Wild Iris is here to help. No matter where you live or what your situation is. 24/7. No fees. No judgement. Just help.